“So glad The Edinboro Triathlon came back.” – ET2019 Athlete
Race Day: Saturday, June 6th, 2020
|Event||Swim (miles)||Bike (miles)||Run (miles)|
|Individual Olympic Triathlon||.93||24.6||6.2|
|Individual Olympic Aquabike||.93||24.6|
|Individual Sprint Triathlon||.3||11.2||3.1|
|2-3 Sprint Triathlon Relay||.3||11.2||3.1|
The 2020 Edinboro Triathlon is a USAT Sanctioned Event, and thus will follow all USAT rules, which can be found here. Please make special note of Article IV: Swimming Conduct, Article V: Cycling Conduct, Article VI: Running Conduct, and Article VII: Transition Area Conduct. These rules are enforced for the safety of you, fellow athletes, volunteers, and spectators alike.
All athletes must follow rules of the road.
- There will be no aid stations on the swim or bike courses.
- Run course aid stations to include water, sports drink, coke, and Endurance Tap
ChampionChip timing provided by The Runner’s High!
Accommodations & Staying in Erie, PA
Athletes are invited to take advantage the following room blocks:
- Comfort Suites in Edinboro just off I-79 at: 1007 Market Place Drive, Edinboro, PA 16412. Call the hotel directly at (814) 969-7000 to book at the ET rate.
- Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel & Courtyard Erie Bayfront are both situated on Presque Isle Bay – a beautiful location for a very Erie weekend! Be sure to reserve by May 14th. Click here to book at the ET discounted rate!
- Erie, Pennsylvania is a waterfront destination with plenty of space to play – during and after the competition. Click here to check out activities and amenities in Erie for fun for the whole family throughout your stay!
Pre-Race Packet Pick Up
- Friday, June 5th, 2020, 4:30-7:30 PM
- County YMCA, 12285 YMCA Drive, Edinboro, PA 16412
- Photo ID Required. USAT Card required for Annual USAT members. You must pick up your own packet either pre-race or on race day.
- Race Packets will include:
- ET2020 short-sleeved performance t-shirt
- Wave-specific ET2020 swim cap
- Bike frame number & bike helmet sticker
- Road iD bib number (and safety pins!)
- Coupons and goodies from our sponsors
- Race Day Packet Pickup begins at 6AM at Billings Park.
|6-7:30 AM||Athlete Check-In||Registration Tent|
|6-7:30 AM||Race Day Packet Pick-Up||Registration Tent|
|6:00 AM||Transition Opens||Lakeside Drive|
|7:45 AM||Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting||Transition Area|
|7:55 AM||Olympic Area of Transition Closes||Lakeside Drive|
|8:15 AM||Sprint Area of Transition Closes||Lakeside Drive|
*All athletes must go to the Registration Tent at Billings Park, 100 Cypress St, Edinboro, PA 16412, on race morning to pick up your timing chip and for body marking*
*Pre-Race Meeting is mandatory for all athletes –
important safety announcements will be made*
|8:00 AM||Olympic Elite Heat||Pat Crawford Beach|
|8:03 AM||Olympic Tri & Aquabike Men||Pat Crawford Beach|
|8:06 AM||Olympic Tri & Aquabike Women||Pat Crawford Beach|
|8:40 AM||All Relays & Sprint Men 15-44||Pat Crawford Beach|
|8:45 AM||Sprint Men 45+||Pat Crawford Beach|
|8:50 AM||All Sprint Women||Pat Crawford Beach|
*Please note that start wave groupings are subject to change based on participant registration*
Post Race Meal: provided for athletes & volunteers, family members can pay $5 for food (after athletes)!
- Olympic Individual Top 3 Overall Male and Top 3 Overall Female (does not take age group place):
- 1st: $200 2nd: $100 3rd: $50
- Sprint & Aquabike Top 3 Overall Male and Top 3 Overall Female (does not take age group place)
- Top 3 in Age Groups for Olympic, Sprint, and Aquabike Individual events (based on age on 12/31/2020):
- 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Sprint Relay Divisions (Top 3 in each get awards):
- All Male, All Female, Mixed
- The Hugo Goldthwaite “Future of Tri” Award: to the youngest Olympic triathlete
- The Pat Davis “Most Seasoned Triathlete” Award: to the oldest individual event triathlete
- The Brianne McClellan “Middle of the Pack” Award: to the athlete finishing in the middle of the Sprint Triathlon
- *Awards will not be mailed.
2020 Prize Drawings
Local businesses and artists donate items that all athletes have a chance to win! Bib numbers will be pulled during the event. Please check the table post-race to see if your bib number was pulled! Any items not picked up by the end of the Awards Ceremony will be raffled off by pulling bib numbers. Check back as we will continue to add items!