“So glad The Edinboro Triathlon came back.” – ET2019 Athlete
Race Day: Saturday, June 5th, 2021
|Event||Swim (miles)||Bike (miles)||Run (miles)|
|Individual Olympic Triathlon||.93||24.8||6.2|
|Individual Olympic Aquabike||.93||24.8|
|Individual Sprint Triathlon||.3||12.5||3.1|
|2-3 Sprint Triathlon Relay||.3||12.5||3.1|
The 2021 Edinboro Triathlon is a USAT Sanctioned Event, and thus will follow all USAT rules, which can be found here. Please make special note of Article IV: Swimming Conduct, Article V: Cycling Conduct, Article VI: Running Conduct, and Article VII: Transition Area Conduct. These rules are enforced for the safety of you, fellow athletes, volunteers, and spectators alike.
All athletes must follow rules of the road.
- There will be no aid stations on the swim or bike courses.
- Run course aid stations to include water, sports drink, coke, and Endurance Tap
ChampionChip timing provided by The Runner’s High!
Accommodations & Staying in Erie, PA
Athletes are invited to take advantage the following room blocks:
- Comfort Suites in Edinboro just off I-79 at: 1007 Market Place Drive, Edinboro, PA 16412. Call the hotel directly at (814) 969-7000 ext. 2 to book at the ET rate.
- SpringHill Suites Erie: A 20 minute drive on race morning! Please visit the SpringHill booking website to book at the ET rate, room must be reserved no later than May 4. You do not need to book two nights. Address: 2087 Interchange Rd, Erie, PA 16509
- Erie, Pennsylvania is a waterfront destination with plenty of space to play – during and after the competition. Click here to check out activities and amenities in Erie for fun for the whole family throughout your stay!
Pre-Race Packet Pick Up
- Thursday, June 3rd, 2021: Time TBD: County YMCA: 12285 YMCA Dr, Edinboro, PA 16412
- Friday, June 4th, 2021, 4:30-7:30 PM: 814 Outdoor Sports: 500 Plum Street, Suite A, Edinboro, PA 16412
- You are HIGHLY encouraged to pick up your packet pre-race for ET2021 to help with the check in flow on race morning.
- Photo ID Required. USAT Card required for Annual USAT members. You must pick up your own packet either pre-race or on race day.
- Race Packets will include:
- ET2021 short-sleeved performance t-shirt
- Wave-specific ET swim cap
- Bike frame number & bike helmet sticker
- Bib number (and safety pins!)
- Coupons and goodies from our sponsors
- Race Day Packet Pickup begins at 6AM at Billings Park.
Race Day – Olympic Distances
|6-7:00 AM||Olympic Athlete Check-In||Registration Tent|
|6-7:00 AM||Olympic Race Day Packet Pick-Up||Registration Tent|
|6:00 AM||Olympic Transition Opens||Lakeside Drive|
|7:15 AM||Mandatory Pre-Race Briefing – Olympic||Transition Area|
|7:25 AM||Olympic Transition Area Closes||Lakeside Drive|
|7:30 AM||Olympic Distance Races Begin||Pat Crawford Beach|
*All athletes must go to the Registration Tent at Billings Park, 100 Cypress St, Edinboro, PA 16412, on race morning to pick up your timing chip*
*Pre-Race Meeting is mandatory for all athletes – important safety announcements will be made*
Pre-Race Safety Info will also be sent out via email prior to Race Day – please be sure to watch!
Race Day – Sprint Distances
|7-8:00 AM||Sprint Athlete Check-In||Pat Crawford Beach|
|7-8:00 AM||Sprint Race Day Packet Pick-Up||Registration Tent|
|7:00 AM||Sprint Transition Area Opens||Lakeside Drive|
|8:15 AM||Mandatory Pre-Race Briefing – Sprint||Transition Area|
|8:25 AM||Sprint Transition Area Closes||Pat Crawford Beach|
|8:30 AM||Sprint Distance Races Begin||Pat Crawford Beach|
Post-race nutrition / fluids will be provided!
- Olympic Individual Top 3 Overall Male and Top 3 Overall Female (does not take age group place):
- 1st: $200 2nd: $100 3rd: $50
- Sprint & Aquabike Top 3 Overall Male and Top 3 Overall Female (does not take age group place)
- Top 3 in Age Groups for Olympic, Sprint, and Aquabike Individual events (based on age on 12/31/2020):
- 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Sprint Relay Divisions (Top 3 in each get awards):
- All Male, All Female, Mixed
- The Hugo Goldthwaite “Future of Tri” Award: to the youngest Olympic triathlete
- The Pat Davis “Most Seasoned Triathlete” Award: to the oldest individual event triathlete
- The Brianne McClellan “Middle of the Pack” Award: to the athlete finishing in the middle of the Sprint Triathlon
- The traditional Awards Ceremony will not be held for ET2021, rather, athletes will be able to stop at the Awards Table to pick up their awards prior to leaving!
2021 Prize Drawings
Local businesses and artists donate items that all athletes have a chance to win! Bib numbers will be pulled during the event. Please check the table post-race to see if your bib number was pulled! Any items not picked up by the end of the Awards Ceremony will be raffled off by pulling bib numbers. Check back as we will continue to add items!
- Hand crafted bracelets by Klemmentine Designs
- One of three $50 gift certificates to John Adams Cycling
- One of two $50 gift cards to 814 Outdoor Sports
- One of four $20 Road iD gift cards
- One of two custom Blueseventy Edinboro Triathlon ankle timing chip straps
- Original piece from Helen Tullio Studio
- Basket donation from Troyer, Inc.