The 2019 Edinboro Triathlon Athlete Guide is here! Click here to access.
Race Day: Saturday June 8th, 2019
- Individual Olympic Triathlon:
- .93M swim, 24.6M bike, 6.2M run
- Individual Olympic AquaBike:
- .93M swim, 24.6M bike
- Individual Sprint Triathlon:
- .3M swim, 11.2M bike, 3.1M run
- 2-3 Person Sprint Triathlon Relay:
- .3M swim, 11.2M bike, 3.1M run
The 2019 Edinboro Triathlon is a USAT Sanctioned Event, and thus will follow all USAT rules, which can be found here. Please make special note of Article IV: Swimming Conduct, Article V: Cycling Conduct, Article VI: Running Conduct, and Article VII: Transition Area Conduct. These rules are enforced for the safety of you, fellow athletes, volunteers, and spectators alike.
- There will be no aid stations on the swim or bike courses.
- Run course aid stations to include water, sports drink, coke, and Endurance Tap
ChampionChip timing provided by The Runner’s High!
Athletes are invited to take advantage the following room blocks:
- Comfort Suites in Edinboro just off I-79 at: 1007 Market Place Drive, Edinboro, PA 16412. Call the hotel directly at (814) 969-7000 to book at the ET rate.
- Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel situated on Presque Isle Bay – a beautiful location for a very Erie weekend! Be sure to reserve by May 17th. Click here to book: Sheraton Edinboro Triathlon
Pre-Race Packet Pick Up
- Friday, June 7th, 2019, 5:00-8:00 PM
- County YMCA, 12285 YMCA Drive, Edinboro, PA 16412
- Photo ID Required. You must pick up your own packet either pre-race or on race day.
- Race Packets will include:
- Race Day Packet Pickup begins at 6AM at Billings Park.
Lakeside Neighborhood Area
- Absolutely no parking on Angling, Cypress, Cherry, Highland, or Lakeside (roads are part ET course & you will be towed)
- If parking along any Lakeside area street, please be respectful of residents’ properties AND the possible need to get emergency services (race-related or not) in and out.
- Park only on the non-mailbox side of streets; never block driveways or park on lawns.
|6-7:30 AM||Athlete Check-In||Registration Tent|
|6-7:30 AM||Race Day Packet Pick-Up||Registration Tent|
|6:00 AM||Transition Opens||Lakeside Drive|
|7:45 AM||Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting||Pat Crawford Beach|
|7:55 AM||Transition Closes||Lakeside Drive|
*All athletes must go to the Registration Tent at Billings Park, 100 Cypress St, Edinboro, PA 16412, on race morning to pick up your timing chip and for body marking*
*Pre-Race Meeting is mandatory for all athletes –
important safety announcements will be made*
|8:00 AM||Olympic Elite Heat||Pat Crawford Beach|
|8:03 AM||Olympic Tri & Aquabike Men||Pat Crawford Beach|
|8:06 AM||Olympic Tri & Aquabike Women||Pat Crawford Beach|
|8:45 AM||All Relays & Sprint Men 16-44||Pat Crawford Beach|
|8:50 AM||Sprint Men 45+|
|8:55 AM||All Sprint Women||Pat Crawford Beach|
*Please note that start wave groupings are subject to change based on participant registration*
Post Race Food: provided for athletes & volunteers, family members can pay $5 for food (after athletes) from Teresa’s Deli!
- Olympic Individual Top 3 Overall Male and Top 3 Overall Female (does not take age group place):
- 1st: $200 2nd: $100 3rd: $50
- Sprint & Aquabike Top 3 Overall Male and Top 3 Overall Female (does not take age group place)
- Tri Club Olympic Award: The first 5 finishing club members count towards total time, with the lowest time crowned the winner. At least two female finisher times need to be included.
- Top 3 in Age Groups for Olympic, Sprint, and AquaBike Individual events (based on age on 12/31/2019):
- 16-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Sprint Relay Divisions (Top 3 in each get awards):
- All Male, All Female, Mixed
- The Hugo Goldthwaite “Future of Tri” Award: to the youngest Olympic triathlete
- The Pat Davis “ET History” Award: to the athlete who has competed in the most ETs
- The Brianne Vogan “Middle of the Pack” Award: to the athlete finishing in the middle of the Sprint Triathlon
Local businesses have donated items that all athletes will have a chance to win! Bib numbers will be pulled throughout the Award Ceremony.
*Must be present to win.